For best results when printing pages from this site, please open the website in Google Chrome.
(1) Search Flowchart
(2) Steps: External Appointment to a Tenure-Track Position
(3) Dossier Checklist: External Appointment to a Tenure-Track Position
(4) Timetable: Conversion of Convertible Instructorships to Assistant Professorships
(1) Promotion Flowchart
(2) Steps: Internal Promotion from Assistant Professor to Associate Professor
(3) Dossier Checklist: Promotion to Associate Professor
(4) Suggested Timeline for Standard Academic-Year Appointments: Departmental Review of Tenure-Track Faculty for Promotion to Associate Professor
(5) Suggested Timeline for Calendar-Year Appointments: Departmental Review of Tenure-Track Faculty for Promotion to Associate Professor
Note: For the specific purposes of this document and its associated procedures, “divisional dean” also refers to the John A. Paulson Dean of SEAS, and “department chairs” to SEAS area deans. Although SEAS faculty members follow the same policies, some procedures may vary. Therefore, members of SEAS should also consult SEAS-specific documents.
Note: All procedural questions regarding faculty hiring, reviews, promotions, and leaves should be directed to the appropriate assistant dean, and the assistant dean should receive a copy of all documentation regarding these procedures. For more detailed listings on whom to contact, please see the “Additional Contact Information” table in Chapter 1.