For best results when printing pages from this site, please open the website in Google Chrome.
(1) Dean’s Oversight
(2) Tenure-Track System
(3) Eight-Year Rule
(4) Degree Requirements
(5) Teaching Appointments
(6) Principal Investigator Rights
(7) Commitments at Other Institutions
(8) FAS and University Policies
(9) Table: Participation Agreement, Visitor Participation Agreement, Risk and Release Forms
(1) Academic Salary
(2) Supplemental Compensation
(3) Use of Research Funds
(4) Administrative Supplements
(5) Extra Compensation
(6) Compensation Related to Non-Harvard Activities
(1) Non-Discrimination and Affirmative Action Policy
(2) Advertisement Information
(3) Search Requirements
(4) Affirmative Action Ethnic Codes
(5) Work Relationships: Employment of Members of Immediate Family or Household
Note: For the specific purposes of this document and its associated procedures, except as otherwise noted, “divisional dean” also refers to the John A. Paulson Dean of SEAS, and “department chairs” to SEAS area chairs. Although SEAS faculty members follow the same policies, some procedures may vary. Therefore, members of SEAS should also consult SEAS-specific documents.
Note: All procedural questions regarding faculty hiring, reviews, promotions, and leaves should be directed to the appropriate assistant dean, and the assistant dean should receive a copy of all documentation regarding these procedures. For more detailed listings on whom to contact, please see the “Additional Contact Information” table in Chapter 1.
Note: As policies and procedures continue to evolve due to COVID-19, please check with your divisional/SEAS office as necessary to ensure you are following the most current guidance provided by the leadership at the FAS.